To make the chocolate:
- Prepare two large baking sheets lined with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using the double-boiler method, place a large glass mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water (leaving room in between so the water is not touching the bowl).
- Add the white chocolate morsels to the bowl and continuously stir until there are no lumps and the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, and immediately add in the matcha powder. Stir thoroughly until the matcha is completely incorporated with the chocolate. Add in a little more matcha if you like a richer color.
To make the dipped pretzel rods:
- Add the melted matcha chocolate into a tall, clear glass, about 3/4 of the way up.
- Tilt the glass and dip each pretzel rod into the melted white chocolate, half-way. Roll the pretzel rod on the way out of the glass and shake off any excess.
- Place each pretzel rod on the baking sheet in rows spaced about one inch apart.
- Fill a piping bag (with a small tip) with the remaining melted matcha chocolate.
- Pipe the pretzels in a linear motion with the matcha chocolate, or in a design to your liking.
- Once finished, place the baking sheets in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Make sure you're using very high quality, premium chocolate, like Nestle Premier White Morsels or Ghiradelli Classic White Chocolate, ensuring that it melts evenly and properly.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave instead of a double boiler. Simply place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass bowl and heat in 15-second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free pretzel rods instead.
- Chocolate Matcha Pretzel Dipped Pretzels make wonderful gifts for the holidays, or other events like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Wrap them in cellophane party bags tied with a pretty ribbon! Or, place them in a tin cookie box that seals tightly.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cool Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 16.8 g
- Sodium: 352.2 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.1 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 6.3 mg
Keywords: matcha desserts, matcha recipe, chocolate dipped pretzels, pretzel rods, chocolate pretzel recipe