- 1 English cucumber, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Thai chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
For the garnish:
- Thin slices of cucumber
- Fresh cilantro and mint
- Drizzle of avocado oil
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, place in all of the ingredients, except for the garnishes. Blend or purée until creamy and smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cucumber, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of avocado oil when ready to serve.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumbers to achieve a super smooth texture, but don’t bother peeling the skin (wash it thoroughly).
- I recommend using a high-powered blender or food processor to make this soup.
- Don't like heat? Leave out the Thai chili pepper.
- This soup will thicken in the refrigerator, so if it's not to your liking just add in some water and re-blend.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Soup
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 97.5 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 6.7 mg
Keywords: creamy cucumber avocado soup, cucumber avocado soup, cucumber soup