When the heat rises, my body craves this light and vibrant Healthy Asian Cucumber Salad featuring bright flavors, exciting textures, and the play of sweet, sour and salty happening in so many ways!
This simple, healthy salad has crunchy Persian cucumbers, radishes, colorful bell peppers, green onions, and edamame, enhanced with a vinaigrette of Japanese yuzu juice, lemon juice, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce and a few other Asian ingredients.
Vibrant, beautiful, and full of flavor, this Asian Cucumber Salad will be high on your list of favorites!
Bright, crispy Persian cucumbers are smaller than the traditional cucumber and are truly the star of this salad! You can use regular cucumbers if you can't find these. I used a mandolin to slice the cucumbers very thinly.
This yuzu vinaigrette is lemony, salty, and packs a slight punch from the red pepper flakes. The perfect dressing for this Asian Cucumber Salad! If you can't find yuzu juice, you can substitute it with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
I would definitely pack this for a picnic! As it sits, the dressing soaks into the veggies giving it incredible flavor. You're going to want to make this Healthy Asian Cucumber Salad again and again in the coming months!
Put this salad in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving so it soaks up the flavors from the vinaigrette. This is an awesome side salad for any meal!Print
- 4 to 5 Persian cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 3 large radishes, sliced thinly
- 3 baby red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, green and white parts, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro for garnishing
For the vinaigrette:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, edamame, cilantro and sesame seeds.
Make the vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, yuzu juice, lemon juice, ginger, salt, sesame oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over the veggies and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- I used a mandolin for the cucumbers and radishes to get them evenly sliced.
- If you can't find yuzu juice, you can substitute it for freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Put this Asian Cucumber Salad in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving so it soaks up the flavors from the vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 107.2 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Salad, Cucumber Salad, Asian Salad, Cucumber Salad Recipe, Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe