Wow! When I serve up this elegant but easy Baked Brie in Puff Pastry it's gone in a heartbeat! What makes it so good? The apple cider ginger jam nestled inside, the soft and creamy brie, and that golden puff pastry.
My family is always begging me to make this appetizer but it also works so well when entertaining. Perfect for the holidays this is an impressive dish that's so hard to resist, especially for those cheese lovers out there, like me! Oh my! I am seriously fresh out of adjectives to describe how good this is.
What you'll need for this Baked Brie in Puff Pastry recipe:
- You'll need one sheet of thawed puff pastry dough. You can find it in the freezer section near the frozen desserts. I used Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets, but there are other brands as well.
- Buy a wheel of brie cheese in the 8- to 12-ounce range. I've used the massive wheel that I got at Costco (19.6 oz) but that's for a big crowd. If you're serving other cheeses, just use the smaller wheel. For this recipe, I used a wheel of Président Brie.
- Some people like to shave off the white rind of the brie. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. It doesn't really matter because it's all edible.
- Use a good quality jam to layer on top before you wrap the brie in the puff pastry dough. I found this apple cider jam at Trader Joe's that I've never used before. I mixed fresh grated ginger into the jam and it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, but there are others out there. You can find it in the frozen dessert section at your grocery store. Make sure to first thaw it out completely.
Roll out the sheet of puff pastry. It does not have to look perfect! You will be wrapping it around the cheese and that's the easy part! You can even get creative with your wrapping if you'd like.
How to make Baked Brie in Puff Pastry:
- Roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin until the dough is thin enough and wide enough to wrap around the entire brie wheel.
- Spread a good amount of jam on just the top of the brie. Don't do the sides because it may leak out. Then turn the entire wheel upside down (if you doing my method) so the brie is face down in the middle of the puff pastry dough.
- Carefully wrap the puff pastry dough around the brie wheel so all of the cheese is covered. There's no science to this. Just make sure there are no holes in the brie! Then flip it back upright so the smooth side is on top.
Before you put it in the oven:
- Add a few pecans, or your favorite nuts (or no nuts at all!) and brush the entire pastry with the egg wash.
- You might want to use a pie plate instead of a sheet pan when you bake the brie. If there's ever the slightest tear in the puff pastry the cheese will surely ooze out and the cheese won't stay intact. I used a ceramic dish that's oven safe and made for baking brie. (Not saying you have to use that by any means!)
- Make sure to cool the brie for about 10 minutes before you serve it. Otherwise it could burn some tongues!
I used Trader Joe's apple cider jam and mixed it with freshly grated ginger. The flavor is to die for!
This Président Brie wheel is my fave, but there are many other options out there.
I spread the apple cider ginger jam on top of the brie, then flipped it over before I wrapped it up with the puff pastry dough.
This Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Apple Cider Ginger Jam is just oozing with soft and creamy cheesy goodness!Print
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons flour, for dusting and rolling
- 1 round brie wheel (8 to 12 ounces)
- ¼ cup Trader Joe’s apple cider jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Handful pecans
- Crackers to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a flour-dusted baking surface, roll out the puff pastry dough until it’s about 11 x 11 or 11 inches round. It doesn’t have to be perfect! Sprinkle with flour so the dough doesn’t stick.
- In a small bowl, mix the apple cider jam and grated ginger together. Spread the jam evenly on the top of the brie only. Flip the brie wheel over and place it in the middle puff pastry dough (so the jam is on the bottom). Gather the sides of the puff pastry dough to wrap it completely around the top of the brie. Flip it back over and add a few pecans to the top for decoration.
- Brush the brie all over with the egg wash. Place on a pie plate or small baking sheet and into the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite crackers.
You can use whatever jam you’d like with this recipe! You can also leave off the nuts or add your favorite nuts.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian-fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 289.8 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: baked brie puff pastry, baked brie with jam, baked brie, easy baked brie
If you liked this recipe, try our Spicy Baked Shrimp Balls.