For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
For the salad:
To make the dressing:
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together until well- combined.
- Set aside at room temperature.
To make the salad:
- In a large salad bowl, add all of the vegetables and water chestnuts.
- Add in the shredded chicken and toss well.
- Drizzle in the Asian dressing and toss thoroughly until well-combined.
- Top with the Chow Mein noodles and sprinkles of sesame seeds.
- Divide up into individual plates and serve with more dressing on the side.
- This salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken! I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken and used the leftover breasts.
- You can make the Asian dressing ahead of time, and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Let it defrost at room temperature before using.
- You can store this salad in the refrigerator for up to four days in an air-tight container. Broccoli has staying power so it should not wilt, even if coated with dressing.
Watch a short video of this recipe here.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Salads
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 9.4 g
- Sodium: 327.9 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4 g
- Protein: 22.3 g
- Cholesterol: 62.1 mg
Keywords: chinese chicken salad, chicken salad, easy recipe, salads