This moist and delicious Five Spice Pumpkin Bread is the best pumpkin bread you'll ever have! It's a family recipe that appears this time of year without fail!
This recipe makes a butt load of pumpkin bread so you'll need two large loaf pans, and maybe even another little one, for the extra batter. I like to freeze these and pull them out whenever I want to serve something sweet.
If you don't want that much you can always cut the recipe in half. But, once you taste this pumpkin bread you'll want to make it over and over again! Happy Holidays!
I've altered the recipe slightly with the addition of the Chinese Five Spice. This spice adds so many layers of flavor like cinnamon, fennel seeds, and star anise. Trust me, it's subtle so you won't really notice it's in there but you'll say, "That's really good, wonder what makes it taste like this?"
Seriously, you could eat this pumpkin bread batter right out of the bowl, but save the calories and just lick the beaters!
Pour the pumpkin bread batter into two large loaf pans. You may even need another small pan for this recipe.
Gorgeous, golden-brown Five Spice Pumpkin Bread! Let it cool before removing from the pan.
Moist and delicious, this Five Spice Pumpkin Bread tastes so good! You'll want to make this every year for the holidays! This is the BEST pumpkin bread you'll ever taste!Print
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cups water
- 3 ⅓ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, mix together the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and water until mixture is light yellow. In a separate mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl.
- In batches, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and add in the Chinese five spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pumpkin purée and mix on medium until combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into two large loaf trays and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before removing the bread from the pans and slice once cooled.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size: 2 Loaves
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 30.7 g
- Sodium: 200.5 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.2 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 37.2 mg
Keywords: Pumpkin Bread, Asian Pumpkin Bread, Five Spice Pumpkin Bread