This Easy Grilled Asparagus Spears recipe is the perfect side dish for just about any protein. Beautiful asparagus are so healthy and full of nutrients!
I was never into asparagus when I was younger. I guess because my mom never cooked them! Gotta say, asparagus are the bomb! When shopping for asparagus, look for spears that are bright, firm, and full of color (and never slimy!).
Why do I love them so much? Asparagus are so nutritious, both low in calories and sodium. Asparagus contains high levels of vitamin C, E & B6, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, and is a very good source of dietary fiber, protein, and beta-carotene.
Asparagus cook up quickly, especially when grilled. So, thick spears or thin spears? The thicker ones will take a little longer to cook. If you choose the very thin spears, make sure they are all uniform in size. They will grill very quickly and can often overcook.
Such a simple side dish but full of amazing flavors! Can't go wrong with fresh grilled asparagus! Even my husband likes asparagus now! This is the easiest Grilled Asparagus Spears recipe on the planet! Give it a try!Print
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Trim the rough ends off of the asparagus spears (about ⅔ from bottom) and discard. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high until slightly smoking. Add the spears in a single layer and grill evenly on both sides, tossing frequently until just wilted, about 5-8 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest to finish.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Vegetarian, Side
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Asparagus, Vegetarian Sides, Asparagus Spears, Grilled Asparagus