Light up your BBQ and get grillin' with these juicy Thai Turkey Burgers with Spicy Aioli! They couldn't be easier to make, and they are filled with such awesome Asian flavors.
Simply can't let go of summer? These juicy Thai Turkey Burgers are what's cookin' on the grill for your next game-day party!
The secret ingredient to these level-up burgers is this special Thai mixture with fresh cilantro and mint, shallots, ginger, carrots, and spicy jalapeño peppers. Fold it into your ground turkey to make the juiciest of burgers.
Top this burger off with a slightly spicy aioli sauce and lots of other yummy toppings that will make the perfect burger bite! Of course, you need a cold brewsky to go with. It's football season after all!
The Spicy Aioli Sauce is oozing with spicy goodness from the sambal oelek (red chili paste). Other toppings that are great on this Thai turkey burger are avocado slices, shredded lettuce, and jalapeño peppers!
You'll go for seconds (maybe thirds!) with this Thai Turkey Burger recipe. Fire up the grill for this dish even when it's cold outside!Print
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
For the Thai mixture:
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (stems included)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
For the aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon sambal oelek
- Juice from half a lime
For the toppings:
- 4 large buns
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Make the Thai mixture:
- In a small food processor add the cilantro, mint, shallots, ginger, carrots, jalapeño pepper, fish sauce, and a pinch of ground pepper. Pulse until very finely chopped.
- Put the mixture into a mixing bowl and knead the mixture into the turkey until thoroughly combined. Form burger patties and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle patties with extra ground pepper.
Make the burgers:
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat and grill the burgers until just cooked through, about 10 minutes, turning once. You can use an indoor grill pan as well.
Make the aioli: Add the mayonnaise, sambal oelek, and lime juice into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well-combined.
To assemble: Place a large dollop of aioli sauce on top of the burger, then top with lettuce, jalapeño peppers, slices of avocado, and red onions. Serve with chips or your favorite salad!
Adapted from: Food & Wine
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 663
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 1028.6 mg
- Fat: 40.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3 g
- Protein: 35.5 g
- Cholesterol: 129.4 mg
Keywords: Burgers with Aioli, Turkey Burgers, Burgers, Thai Burgers